- Outlines core implementation procedures;
- Provides general criteria for all core courses;
- Explains the university’s core course submission process; and
- Lists aims and criteria for the university's seven “Modes of Inquiry” and three “Proficiencies”
The Rockhurst University Liberal Core Curriculum is assessed by faculty teaching in the in the Core.
During AY 2008-2009, each Mode and Proficiency  clarified assessable learning goals derived from aims and criteria, and  audited the alignment of these learning goals to the university’s seven learning themes. These documents were reviewed and updated during the summer and fall of 2012.
This work is captured on the following set of worksheets:
Annual reports are submitted by modal / proficiency reps to the chair of the Core Implementation Committee (CIC) and the Office for Assessment early each Fall semester. They are then reviewed by the Core Implementation Committee (CIC).
Core Curriculum Assessment Reports
2011-12 Core Assessment Reports (Due Fall 2012)
- Core Curriculum Assessment Plan, approved 3/14/12
- Template for Assessment Plan for Modes and Proficiencies [MS Word]
- Template for Assessment Report for Modes and Proficiencies [MS Word]