Student Satisfaction Inventory [SSI] Results for Rockhurst University
The Student Satisfaction Inventory [SSI] is administered every other year to all Rockhurst University undergraduate and graduate students. SSI measures two important dimensions of student satisfaction:
What students feel is most important to them; and
How effectively the Rockhurst student experience is meeting students' expectations.
SSI results enable Rockhurst to benchmark its 2009 undergraduate student responses with those of 253,000 students from 368 four-year private universities who took the Student Satisfaction Inventory between Fall 2006 and Spring 2009.
SSI 2011 Results
- 2011 Report from SSI
- Year-to-Year (2011 and 2009) Report from SSI
- 2011 SSI Results Overview, created by RU Office for Assessment
- 2011 SSI and NSSE PowerPoint Slideshow, created by RU Office for Assessment
SSI 2009 Results
- "Strategic Overview 2009" listing Rockhurst University's "Strengths" and "Challenges"
- "Rockhurst's SSI 2009 Benchmark Scale Report"
- "Scale Reports Comparing RU 2009 Undergraduate with 2007 Undergraduates"
- "Comparing RU 2009 with RU 2007 on Three Institutional Summary Questions"
- "Question-by-Question Comparison of 2009 RU Undergraduates with 2007 RU Undergraduates"
- By-Class Breakouts for selected questions:
- SSI Q.23 - "Living conditions in the residence halls are comfortable (adequate space, lighting, heat, air, etc."
SSI's 12 Benchmark Scales
- Academic Advising: assesses the comprehensiveness of the academic advising program. Academic advisors are evaluated on the basis of their knowledge, competence, and personal concern for student success, as well as on their approachability.
- Campus Climate: assesses the extent to which Rockhurst provides experiences that promote a sense of campus pride and feelings of belonging. This scale also assess the effectiveness of channels of communication for students.
- Campus Life: assesses the effectiveness of student life programs, covering issues ranging from athletics to residence life. This scale also assesses campus policies and procedures to determine students' perception of their rights and responsibilities.
- Campus Support Services: assesses the quality of support programs and services which students utilize to make their educational experiences more meaningful and productive.
- Concern for the Individual: assesses Rockhurst's commitment to treating each student as an individual. Those groups who frequently deal with students on a personal level (e.g., faculty, advisors) are included in this assessment.
- Instructional Effectiveness: assesses students' academic experience, the curriculum, and the campus's overriding commitment to academic excellence. This comprehensive scale covers areas such as the effectiveness of faculty in and out of the classroom, content of the courses, and sufficient course offerings.
- Recruitment and Financial Aid: assesses Rockhurst's ability to enroll students in an effective manner. This scale covers issues such as competence and knowledge of admissions counselors, as well as the effectiveness and availability of financial aid programs.
- Registration Effectiveness: assesses issues associated with registration and billing. This scale also measures Rockhurst's commitment to making this process as smooth and effective as possible.
- Responsiveness to Diverse Populations: assesses Rockhurst's commitment to specific groups of students.
- Safety and Security: assesses Rockhurst's responsiveness to students' personal safety and security on campus. This scale measures the effectiveness of both security personnel and campus facilities.
- Service Excellence: assesses the perceived attitude of staff toward students. This scale pinpoints the areas where quality service and personal concern for students are rated most and least favorably.
- Student Centeredness: assesses Rockhurst's efforts to convey to students that they are important. This scale measures the extent to which students feel welcome and valued.
Members of the Rockhurst Community are also encouraged to visit the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) page, where SSI and NSSE questions are clustered under the appropriate Strategic Direction from Rockhurst's Strategic Plan 2007-2012.
Office for Assessment
Room 207, Van Ackeren Hall